Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fela


One of the musicals that I had the chance to see while in New York City was Fela.  I walked into this auditorium that was full of vibrant colors and decorations.  The musical was very interesting and was written to include the audience and make them feel as though they were apart of the performance.  There were times where the audience would stand up by there seats and dance.  Now that was my kind of musical.  

The thing that I enjoyed the most was the dancing.  It was unbelievable.  The actors danced the whole time.  They must have been in incredible shape, because they did not stop.  They had a live band and great african dance.  The costumes also caught my eye.  They were very unique and used different materials such as belts that were tightly wrapped around their legs.  Everything had vibrant colors and were so visually appealing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment