Friday, May 28, 2010

Feather Pillows



There comes a time in everyone’s life that the word “home” can be very confusing.  I arrived at NYU dorms on May 23, 2010.  This is going to be my “home” for the next three months.  One suitcase and a carry on.  How can one survive with the bare minimal in New York City?  The city of the most fashionable people?  One cannot compete.  I arrived to an enormous room on the twelfth floor with a common room with three beds and another bedroom with two beds.  A bit confused, I chose my bed close to the window overlooking the fire escapes and rooftop gardens.  Hearing sirens and car horns was a reassurance that “I was not in Kansas city anymore!” Anxious, excited, nervous, beautiful, exhausted, confused, stressed, lonely, happy…did I mention nervous.  Feeling a bit directionless I began to take one step at a time.  This is what I have been craving, now is the time to soak it up.   

 

“Be yourself, and don’t let the city change you…YOU change the city!” 

-Wise woman 

No comments:

Post a Comment