Sunday, May 16, 2010

"C" Project



I went to my first estate sale with a good friend of mine!  I was blown away by all the wonderful knick knacks.  Some would have called in junk, but I thought it was necessities.  That day I was wearing a very important necklace.  This necklace has been around in our family for a very long time.  My mom had given it to me for one of my birthday's.  This was no ordinary necklace.  It was a locket.  Inside there is a picture of my grandma and grandpa.  When I was rummaging through the box of jewelry at the estate sale, I found a locket that was very similar to the one my mother had given to me.  I quickly opened it up to see who was inside... there was nobody there.  I started thinking about the person who once owned this locket.  Why were they not holding on to it as tightly as I was?  My mind started to drift away and questions began to arise about the person that once lived in this house.  Did they die?  Did they move to a nursing home?  Did there kids move out and they had to downsize?  The unknown was uncomfortable.   

No comments:

Post a Comment